COVID-19 statement by VetBioNet partners
Although COVID-19 is essentially a human pathogen, VetBioNet being the comprehensive network of pre-eminent high-containment (BSL3) research facilities dedicated to advancing research on epizootic and zoonotic diseases, has had a lot of partners involved in the response to it. This response varies with partners, dependent on their situation, but overall there has been significant support to national governments and international bodies, with advice, research and testing.
More information is available on partners websites and includes:
- Pre-clinical COVID-19 vaccine trials begin at CSIRO
- Testing susceptibility of cattle: Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut
- Wageningen University and Research : Vaccine research
- Coronavirus Hub | The Pirbright Institute
- Noldus webinar – Tools for preclinical COVID-19 research
- CISA-INIA contribution to the SARS-CoV2 diagnosis
- Efficacy assessment of newly-designed and locally-produced filtering facemasks during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic
- SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted via contact and via the air between ferrets
For further information about COVID-19 in animals please go to Questions and Answers on the COVID-19: OIE – World Organisation for Animal Health. The OIE is one of VetBioNet’s major stakeholders, utilizing VetBioNet partner’s expertise and research.